- Due to the possible danger to others, we support and encourage our healthcare providers to use their best efforts to educate, inform, and persuade patients to stay home if they have indicated “yes” on COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaires
- To help minimize the risk of asymptomatic spread of Coronavirus during your procedure, we will abide by the following:
- Pre-surgery COVID-19 testing: We want to perform your surgery in the safest possible circumstances to give you the best chance of a smooth recovery. One of our healthcare members will ask you about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19. If you are currently exhibiting S/S, you will be required to provide a Negative PCR Coronavirus test before entering the facility. The test should be scheduled as close to your surgery date as possible, allowing enough time to get results. We are doing this as a precautionary measure so that we have all the information needed to provide you with safe care. *Please note: patients exhibiting symptoms will not be admitted to Beacon Surgery Center for COVID-19 testing.
- In the event you test positive for COVID-19 we will follow CDC guidelines and the current recommendations of the American Society of Anesthesiologists. Admission to Beacon Surgery Center will be based on the severity of your Coronavirus Infection and vaccination status.
- Vaccinated Individuals with Asymptomatic/Mild/Moderate Illness: admission must be at least 10 days from a positive PCR test and there must no longer have signs or symptoms.
- Unvaccinated Individuals or Individuals with Severe/Critical Illness (COVID infection requiring hospitalization): admission must be at least 7 weeks from a positive PCR test.
- In the event you have a general exposure to COVID-19 (unmasked, in an enclosed space, within 6 feet of a laboratory tested COVID positive person for greater than 15 minutes); you will be required to provide a Negative PCR Coronavirus test, taken no sooner than 3 days after the known exposure, prior to entering the facility. Please note: Only asymptomatic patients will be tested at Beacon Surgery Center.
- If you are exposed to COVID-19 within the same household, admission must be at least 10 days from positive testing date.
References: Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Society of Anesthesiologists; Updated 02/10/2023